Friday, January 23, 2015

Preface

My understanding cannot be categorized or named.  That is not to say that it's beyond these things.  It is essential to the premise that it remains unrestricted by titles.  It's titles that have landed us in our divided world.  From the name of a nation, through the names of religions, states, parties, and committees, to the names of individual people, each one separates itself from the others.  Through these distinctions we define ourselves and from our definitions, conflict grows.  All "isms" lead to cataclysm. It may also be important to note that these teachings, these thoughts, and these words are not mine alone, but have been harnessed from the beginning of understanding.  I can't take credit.  I can only recite.

The Truth I speak of has no name.  It is beyond description.  It cannot be told or known.  Instead of calling it "The Truth" perhaps I should call it "The Mystery".  In fact, it would be better not to call it anything, but since I want to share, that's just not an option.  One may wonder why I would want to talk about something that can't be talked about.  I see a world rife with pointless confrontation.  I see people arguing the same point from different angles and killing each other over it.  I see new powers taking old stances and its supporters cheering as though it was revolutionary.  If I can do something to help, I would like to.

Speaking of revolutionary, proponents of revolution often overlook the reference to the circuity of the notion. Revolution comes from "revolve" meaning to turn.  Revolution's implication and historical facts have been that those near the bottom go to the top only to be overthrown again.  Thus, revolution is redundant.  While I'm upset with the status quo, I'm not interested in revolution.  I would prefer to see a society based on equality, with no top to overthrow and no bottom to stand on.  I believe these teachings, harnessed and applied, have the potential for a political use toward that end.

With that in mind, I'll inevitably contradict myself.  My hope is that the receiver of these messages will look past the surface of my words and try to grasp the meaning.  For reasons that will hopefully become apparent, I don't believe in the value of systematized moral codes.  If I say that one should do something, I mean only that I think it will benefit them and the community.  Any suggestions I offer are not orders or divine mandates. Although I do believe in punishment and reward (because they are certainly real things), I don't believe in sin. These words are no more the Word of God than anyone else's words.

Seriously:  Don't take this too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment